- Pre-filled containers eliminates filling tasks at the laboratory
- Reduces risks of laboratory personnel performing biohazardous tasks
- Choose from two commonly used preservatives for 24 Hour collections
- 3 liter space-saver size container easy to store on-site or at patient site
- Collection instructions on each container for patient convenience
Therapak offers two pre-filled 24 hour collection containers for remote site collection and subsequent confirmatory laboratory testing. Each three liter container is pre-filled with 30 mL of the preservative which will be refrigerated and mixed throughout the duration of patient collection. Upon completion of the collection cycle, laboratory procedures will specify what the patient will use as a pour-off container in order to retrieve a representative sample of the 24 hour collection at the laboratory for testing. As indicated on the provided container instructions, the patient or acting physician will not send the entire container to the laboratory. Typically, a 90 mL specimen container (see #74966G below) will be provided by the laboratory in addition to these pre-filled 24 hour containers to insure the pour-off process is acknowledged by the patient or acting physician.
It is also recommended that the laboratory provide a basic urine collection cup with the pre-filled containers for the collection process. It is not recommended that the patient void directly into the 24 hour collection container due to the preservative acid content inside the container. The patient is encouraged to void into a separate (beaker style collection with pour spout – see #74850G below) cup and pour the contents into the 24 hour collection container during the collection process.